Saturday, November 3, 2007

A New Place to Play!

I had a new display opportunity come up this past week, and it was really fun to do something different than my normal 'contemporary' style displays at the wineries and gift shows.
Take a peek:

Antique Mall Space.....Before......

And After......

The best part was being able to infuse this dealers' space with a mood that I'm really drawn to right now. Old worn surfaces, textures, and colors that evoke Autumn. This is really more 'me' than anything I do for other clients. Though small, it was a fun space to decorate!

Just goes to show that visual merchandising is valuable no matter what kind of space you have. And Antique Malls...well, it seems to me that anything you can do to add personality and a 'story' to them will be a good thing. Shelves crammed with dusty tchotchkes is just so old. This shop is filled with gals who really know how to set their wares off to best advantage....I love shopping here!

Detail shot: Since the mall owner covered the one wall with sheet music, I cut a bunch of leaves out of old music pages, and fluttered them from the branches of a 'tree' in the corner. This adds to the 'story' of Autumn gatherings.

Such a nice break from the 'norm' for me...Thanks, Kimberly!

If you want to see this booth and a bunch of great Shabby fun from other dealers, check out Faded Elegance Antique Mall in Everett, Wa. - 2112 Hewitt Avenue, just East of the Events Center. The tea is wonderful, too!
And tell 'em DivaDeb sent you!

No comments:

Post a Comment