Monday, August 4, 2008

Shining Star


So...what did you think about the results?

Did you vote? Matt or Jennifer? Do you even watch this show?

Based on the last challenge alone, Jenn nailed it and Matt missed by a mile. Design is all about function, yes - but it's also in the details. And those roll-up blinds on Matt's windows just killed me....

Matt came up with some incredible design solutions throughout the entire show, though - like the giant bunkbed, of course. Jenn's artwork really put a stamp of individuality on every space she designed, and she was fearless with color.

In the end, I voted for Jennifer. But I thought that Matt would win the popular vote. (I also thought that Matt looked like Elliot the photographer on the old TV show 'Just Shoot Me'!) I'm glad it was miss bubbly personality who won - I bet her show on HGTV will be fun to watch, and very inspiring. But we'll have to wait until January to find out!

And after the Design Star wrap-up was 'Summer Showdown' - OI. I really was looking forward to this! I wasn't sold after watching the first one, and I think it was distracting that the contestants were stealing each other's supplies - but then, there has to be drama in a reality show, right?! There is no Decorating without Drama. sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment