Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Want Your Display Fixtures & Props On My Stage?


I've got a project in the works, a seminar at the SoHo Publishing & Yarn Market News 2010 'Smart Business Conference'. My presentation will be covering the topic of store design and display as a way to build your brand image. I'm not the kind of speaker who stands behind a lectern reading index cards or narrating a slide show, though. Nope, I tend to go a bit overboard: I haul a slew of products up onto the stage and build incredibly inspiring visual displays to illustrate my points. {I figure if I'm teaching people about visual practices, I should be using a visual medium to do so.}

I'm looking for some products to include in my on-stage displays, and I'd like to offer you the opportunity to get some promotional mileage out of this. 

If you are a supplier/manufacturer of retail fixtures, a designer/manufacturer of props & decoratives, or a designer/creator of products that relate to the yarn & fiber industry, consider this:

The YMN Conference, held in Seattle in March,  will be attended by over 100 owners of independent yarn shops, plus attendees from the fashion industry and press & media sources, from both the US and Canada. The keynote speaker is Cinda Baxter, founder of the 3/50 Project. {Read more here} It is a high profile gathering of a growing and evolving fiber arts industry movers & shakers.

I'll be up onstage in front of all of them, for an hour, and your products can be right up there with me. Every attendee at my seminar will receive a handout with notes about my presentation AND a list of every product I use - and that can include your name and contact info next to your product.

But wait! There's MORE! 

To make my presentation even more exciting for the conference attendees, I'd also like to give the products away at the conclusion of my seminar. {I've done this for years at my Gift Show seminars, and it builds buzz for a product like nothing else can!} I'll be collecting business cards from the audience, and drawing winners for every item I use onstage at the end of my presentation's Q&A session.

If you send me a product to use, you'll get:
*On-stage exposure for your product as I discuss how to utilize different styles, finishes, colors, and materials to achieve different effects in retail display.
*Your product name, company name & contact info in the handout to every attendee.
*Your product will be awarded to an attendee.
*Photos of your product here on my blog in my recap posts about my seminar. I'll include credit and link to your site right beneath every photo of it.
*Plus, any feedback from attendees about your product will appear in my recap posts, as well.

You all know I love sharing resources and connecting people - this is one more way I can do that. I appreciate my blog readers so much, and am happy to spread the word about your businesses & products when I can!

Now, more specific information on my plan & needs:

I am tying my stage displays into the color palette that the conference uses {see their logo image above} in order to provide maximum relevance for every attendee - AND to increase the opportunities for the publisher {SoHo}, the magazine {YMN}, the conference, and other media sources to use images of my stage displays in continued press coverage of this event. That equals more exposure for me, you, and your product!

What do I need?
I need fixtures that are white.
Wood, plastic, acrylic, metal, fabric. Modern, casual, formal, vintage. Tables, chairs, shelving, boxes, storage racks/bins, hanging, standing, leaning, stackable.
Any style will work - Just make 'em white. I'm illustrating design points with these.

I need props that are turquoise, orange, and magenta. Single colors, not stripes!
Again - modern, vintage, natural, funky, finessed, rough, smooth, single or multiple.
I'm using these as 'punctuation' in the displays. 

I can also REALLY use items specific to the yarn/fiber industry:
If I can find a pair of five foot tall knitting needles, I'll be the happiest woman on earth! Ditto for a ball of orange or magenta yarn that is the size of a beach ball. {And you think I'm kidding...} Products created with yarn are great, so are items designed to be used in the creative fiber arts processes. My displays will feature cross-merchandised product groupings.

Considerations:
Large scale - it's a large room, with a raised stage, and people need to be able to see the display setups from the back of the room.
Minimal assembly - I have just two hours to set my stage before I speak at 9 AM.
Minimal weight / easy transport - the conference is at the W Hotel. Parking garage & elevator access must be considered, and transport in our truck to the venue.
Shippable & will arrive in Seattle before March 10 {or you are in the Seattle area and will deliver to the W Hotel on Monday March 15}

If this sounds like something you would like your business to benefit from, email me! I'll need a description {including size} and image of your product for consideration, then I'll send you more information. I'm in the final phases of planning my display sets, so please contact me quickly if you want in on this promotional opportunity.

*I'm looking at adding more promotional opportunities here on the blog, too. If you are interested in offering products for a monthly giveaway {drop-ship from you to the winner}, let me know. It's all about getting the word out there, and raising awareness of what's available, so let's work together!*

No comments:

Post a Comment