Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Starved of Affection





Your poison soothes
My hungry soul
Quenches my thirst
Makes me whole
So deprived
Of life’s sweet kiss
I turn to you
In enchanted bliss
To fill me with
My deepest desires
To ease my pain
Ignite my fire
Even though
It is death
You bring
I long for death
Like the tree s in spring
I yearn for you
Your poisoned touch
Unknowing love
Truth and such
I wonder how
I could not see
The truth of you
In front of me
My hungry eyes  see
A gentle kiss
Not knowing what lies
Beyond death’s
Eternal bliss



My attempt at 100 words from Velvet Verbosity. This week's prompt was: STARVED. When I was younger I use to write in this style all of the time. I had boxes and boxes of notebooks with page after page of poetry written. It was my way of telling the world what was happening inside of my head, but no one could ever figure out the message. Yet somehow it made perfect sense to me. I haven't written like this in a long time so I thought this challenge was the perfect way to start again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment