Wednesday, April 13, 2011

It Doesn't Mean I am Wrong




 "Just because I do things differently from you doesn't mean they are wrong. It just means they are DIFFERENT! Why can't you understand that? Having my every single action "critiqued" is more than I can handle. I didn't grow up in a family. I am the square that will never truly fit in the round hole even if you somehow manage to squeeze me through.

Please try to understand I am different. I like being different. My past has made me different. Constantly telling me to "forget my past" is extremely demeaning. It makes me feel as if I am somehow not good enough. As if that little girl I use to be is somehow to blame for all that happened to her, and she isn't. She is just as innocent as I am. You have to stop trying to "forget" and start trying to "accept" because forgetting doesn't make it go away. It just makes it fester and boil until it finally explodes. I am tired of festering and exploding. I just want to be.

Even if I am different, it doesn't mean I am wrong."









 
This was for a writing prompt for Studio 30+. The writing prompt was RISK. This weekend I learned to stand up for myself. It took me 2 days and several attempts before I got up the courage, but I am glad I did. It was definitely a risk worth taking.

No comments:

Post a Comment